The purpose of the 6U league is to introduce, emphasize, and develop the fundamental skills of lacrosse. The focus of practices, as well as games, is to promote an environment that encourages participation, skill development, and overall enjoyment of the game.
For the 2022 season 6U birth years are 2016, 2017, and 2018. As in previous years, 6U will be on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
The 6U program follows the guidelines set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development Plan.
The format for 6U will be (please consult ALA Regulation 15.15 for full 6U rules).:
- 3-on-3 during the two 15 minute games
- Session times - 1 hour
- 15 minute warm-up / skills - 15 minute game - 15 minute skills session - 15 minute game
- Running time
- Players on floor for 3 minute intervals during the 2 - 15 minute games
- Play the width of the floor
- Contact Rule is "equal pressure"
- No referees - coaches manage the floor
- No penalties - stop when necessary to explain infractions
- The fall back rule applies when the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone where they must wait until the ball crosses the restraining line. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be at least 9 feet from the crease
- They will have 2 floor times per week - Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings
- The season runs until mid-June.
- League play begins TBD.
- 6U require full gear.
At the end of the season, a special 6U Festival is held where all teams come together to play one another in a fun and festive atmosphere.
Throughout the season, in order to encourage development, there will be no standings for 6U.
Registration opens January 10th, 2022. Registration information can be found on our home page under 2022 Registration.
For more information regarding 6U, Amy Sim at email@example.com.